Hi, I’m Elle Ingalls, one of the world’s top experts on the fight-or-flight stress response. My mission is to help you, your team, your organization, learn my simple three-step Pressure-Free Method to eliminate the affects of stress on your mind and body. My method is simple, but you are complex. I’ve built a course to help you find exactly the tools you need to unlock your full potential, to find the authentic you underneath the stress and overwhelm. Even if you are fairly calm, you are probably still under the influence of stress hormones. You’ll find out why when you sign in and receive my free checklist, e-book and videos.
How did I create Pressure-Free? Well, I’m not a therapist or psychologist. I’m a performer. For decades I have used simple mental toughness tools to perform at high levels, and I have taught these tools to musicians and athletes to prevent performance anxiety. In 2010, after thirty years of study and practice, I had a major breakthrough, and began creating my method. This method is game-changer. It has the potential to truly change the world. Many of my clients have said exactly that.
I coach individuals, speak at conferences and events, train teams of all sizes, give webinars, workshops, basically anything I can to share Pressure-Free with as many people as possible!
Here are some facts about me:
- born in Concord, New Hampshire.
- Spent summers on Lake Winnipesaukee.
- earned three degrees from the University of Michigan: A Bachelor of Musical Arts, a Master of Music and a Master of Business Administration.
- first woman accepted to the Orchestral Conducting program at UM.
- member of the U-M Women’s Varsity Crew, earning a silver medal at the 1982 Head of the Charles in Boston.
- also studied violin at Interlochen, and conducting at the Mozarteum in Salzburg, Austria.
- violinist in several symphonies from 1983-2016.
- assistant conductor of the Ann Arbor Symphony and National Arts Chamber Orchestra.
- conductor of the Battle Creek Youth Orchestra.
- executive director of the Battle Creek Symphony for 10 years.
- taught financial management to nonprofits for nine years.
- created a music school with my husband Peter Ingalls for Battle Creek.
- raised three sons, Hugh, Edmund “Ned” and William.
- worked in banks, restaurants, college libraries, a recreational center, a gift shop during high school and college.
- coached track in New Hampshire and Michigan.
- herb and vegetable gardener.
- community and school volunteer.
- lifelong student of many subjects.
- I’ve written a novel (not yet published.)
- My favorite piece of music is Janacek’s Sinfonietta.
- My favorite author is Jim Harrison